Do you have anything fun planned for this weekend? I'm hanging around the house finishing up some work before we head out on our vacation. We'll be packing up two teenagers and a six month old and driving 1600km (one way!) to the Ocean for a week of beachy fun, cool cocktails, book reading, and seafood. The older boys are well schooled in surviving a long road trip, so we're curious to see how our little one does.
While I make my packing list and get my work in order, here are some of the articles that caught my eye last week.
- Mindy Kaling's guide to killer confidence. Definitely worth a read.
- I followed my mom around Costco and this is what I learned.
- Preserving birthday candles. Such a sweet idea.
- Six things parents need for back to school (that can't be bought).
- Cutting food waste with Spain's Solidarity Fridge.
- Potatoes, kale and pickles? Sold!
- Do you think this book really works? If so, I need it ASAP (for daytime naps).
- Life advice to someone one year younger.
- I'm making frozen hot chocolate for my boys this weekend.