Happy Halloween! As you probably guessed, we love this day, and although it's pouring rain as I write this, we're still looking forward to a night of fun with the kids. I have to admit, it's different not having Ben dress up this year. His fully embraces halloween, and has always been my costume-loving kid, so it's a little less festive now that he's in high school and doesn't feel as comfortable dressing up. Instead, he's having a sleepover with friends, Jackson's candy collecting with some of his buddies, and Rob and I will be walking around the neighbourhood with my sister and nieces. We have hot chocolate and warm apple cider ready for drinking (oh, how I miss my wine!) upon our return, and pizza for dinner to accommodate all of the comings and goings that will happen tonight.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends. See you next week!
- The secret to making great toast!
- I'm addicted to Serial. A serious obsession is happening over here, and I can't wait for Thursdays when the new episodes are released. If you like mystery, suspense, and news-like stories this series is definitely for you.
- It's cookbook season and I'm loving The Kitchn's new one. Ina's is pretty fabulous, too. I want to add Mimi's and Dorie's to my collection, as well.
- Oh yeah, it looks like a certain someone you know (hint: writer of this blog!) will have her own in stores on Monday.
- Speaking of books, I just finished Lena Dunham's last night and I have Amy Poehler's ready for this weekend. In case you couldn't tell, I'm in a big book reading phase right now.
- Butternut squash letter name cards!
- For siblings who want to swap candy, here's a Halloween candy exchange rate. Funny and potentially controversial.
- Iconic movies and their food pairings. So fun. Makes me want to have a "dinner and a movie" party. Also, I love every movie on this list.
- Knowing how to create an antipasti platter is a wonderful thing (especially with the holidays happening right around the corner - Christmas is in less than eight weeks, friends).
photo via Country Living